Sunday, September 16, 2012

Smells like Thrift Regrets

This next item definitely falls under the category of "Why oh why didn't I pick that up when I had the chance?" We will henceforth refer to them as Thrift Regrets. (Some day I'll have to tell you the story of the green suede shoes...)

Do any of you remember Teddy Ruxpin? He was, basically, an early Furby without the nightmares. (Seriously, even Wikipedia could only describe them as "hamster/owl-like creatures") I think whoever came up with Furbies ate too much pizza too late one night

Tap Your Feet to the Beat?
I don't think that's what grunge was about.
But, anywho... Teddy Ruxpin was a talking robotic bear that would "read" stories to you. I never had one-I think I was too old. (Actually, looks like I was about 8 in the heyday of Teddy Ruxpin, but I don't remember wanting one that badly...)

When I ran across this Teddy Ruxpin book, I thought it was hilarious. Who knew Teddy liked Grunge?


No comments:

Post a Comment